Thursday, December 2, 2010

I am new to this blogging thing.

So, I am new to this whole blogging thing.  Forgive me if I stumble around a bit.  My hope is that I will be able to share my family's journey with food and hopefully I will be able to help other people in the process.  I had some wonderful friends take my hand and lead me when we first found out my son had allergies, and without them, I would have been lost. 

I was simply and utterly devestated when we were told that my 4 year old son could not eat wheat or dairy.  I didn't even know what that meant or where to begin.  We left the allergy dr's office in shock and with no information.  I was on my own and I felt very lonely and afraid.

The process has been a difficult one, and in the beginning I was angry, I cried, pleaded with God (WHY US, WHY my SON?!)  Going anywhere is still a struggle, as is going to any get together that revolves around food (kids parties are the hardest).  I have to bring my son's gluten/diary free food with us everywhere we go.  And, for thanksgiving I had to bring him an entire meal when we went away for our overnight trip.  But, things have certainly gotten better.  I feel a lot more calm and I feel like the Lord has given me a tremendous amount of peace in this journey.  As I attain more information, I feel empowered and encouraged.  I now feel as though I can share with others our experience and hopefully take that crushing despair and sting that I first felt out of the journey for those of you who are first starting out! 

I want to add that my four year old is so much healthier now! We are taking him to a new dr because there are still many issues that we are dealing with, but over all I can tell he is doing so much better on his new diet.  We just did another allergy test (a blood panel taken from a prick on his finger tip) and I hope to find out more information soon.

Thanks for sharing in this journey with us! 
Miri

1 comment:

  1. Miri, I am very interested in what you find out and your recipes since I am pretty much in that "what the heck can I even eat?!" boat too! Praying for you as you navigate the wonderful world (sarcasm) of food allergies!!

    ReplyDelete