Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soy, and Egg free Pie Crust

This is so quick & easy!  I could not believe it when I stumbled on this recipe I adapted from from Ener-G!  I have to say, I was VERY skeptical when I saw how easy the recipe looked, and even more so when I was pressing the crumbly mixture into the pie pan, but when it came out baked it looked like a normal pie crust!  It was really delicious and PERFECT for a pumpkin pie!  It's not the greatest recipe for a double crusted pie (crust on top) like an apple or berry pie (I will add that recipe next.)

Description

Easy 4 ingredient wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and egg-free pie crust.

Ingredients

1⁄2cupButter flavored spPectrum palm shortening 
3⁄4cupEner-G White Rice Flour
3⁄4cupEner-G Sweet Rice Flour (or sorghum)
4tbspCold Water

Instructions

Combine Ener-G White Rice Flour and Ener-G Sweet Rice Flour in a large mixing bowl. (I actually used about 1 cup of white rice flour and 1/2 a cup of sorghum flour) . Cut shortening into flour until texture becomes crumb-like. Add water and form dough into a ball with hands. Press dough into 9" pie pan. Prick bottom of crust with fork. Depending on the pie recipe, you can either pre-bake crust at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes OR pour in pie filling and bake as directed.


http://www.ener-g.com/recipes/easy-rice-flour-pie-crust

No comments:

Post a Comment