Friday, December 3, 2010

Gluten & Dairy Free Caramel Corn

This is a delicious treat and kids LOVE it!  My mom passed down the recipe to me and I modified it to make it dairy and gluten free.

1 pan (or one bag) of popped popcorn
1 cube butter (I use Earth Balance Butter)
1 cup marshmallows (make sure they are gluten free, made with modified CORN STARCH.  If the food starch doesn't specify "corn", then it usually contains gluten)
1 cup brown sugar
1 large clean paper bag

Mix butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar over medium heat in a heavy sauce pan until just melted.  Put the popcorn into a large clean paper bag.  Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn slowly, mixing often.  The caramel dries quickly, so keep that in mind!  My mom recommends that the caramel recipe actually be doubled, but that is if you want it extra gooey!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment