Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hi!  I haven't been on here much in the past few years.  Our laptops aren't very reliable and I lost the link for my page, but I am back!  We have been through so much in the past few years!  I am now aware of a hoard of other allergies & sensitivities bothering both me and Silas.  Most fruits, veggies, and meats (minus eggs or seafood) are ok for us, but in all the other categories we have a lot of issues.  My biggest nemesis has been losing the sugar.  I LOVE sugar.  I have always had a high sugar diet and never knew how detrimental that was to my health.  Apparently, sugar is VERY BAD.  One of the worst possible things we can consume.  So, I have been going through lots of fun "candida diets" where we basically ditch sugar, anything sweet, or high in starchy carbohydrates.  My favorite book that has helped me out is, "The Candida Cure,"  I also love, "The Maker's Diet" but he includes lots of things I can't eat in there.  I am going to attempt to get some of my newer recipes up soon and I am going to go back through and edit all my old recipes.  I have either ditched them (if they are too sugary) or adapted them to our new low sugar diet.  We eat amazingly healthy now and I want to share our yummy foods with YOU!  Just because you want to eat healthy doesn't mean you have to abandon all taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment